Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Era of No Jobs...

As previously stated, I have a strong aversion to discussing political topics.  The main reason is that these engagements use a large amount of energy and produce no measurable result.  Instead I enjoy focusing on economics as I look for signposts that help me find direction.  The factors that are keeping unemployment high are more a result of simple economics than politics.  www.shadowstats.com is the premier accurate reporting service for Actual government statistics if the massaged federally released numbers are not working for you anymore.  They say that U-6 unemployment is over 22%. I was visiting a ranch yesterday here in Florida and noticed a strawberry field with two guys working in it.  There was a giant sign pictured below that was of interest to me.  Managing this field is less about getting the fruit picked and more about following all of the government rules.  I wonder how much of the $4.99 per package is related to this red tape?  Also, are we really benefiting from it?  I would take the $3.99 package that the farmer can profitably produce without worrying if a federal labor inspector is going to issue a citation for one piece of paper not being on this board.
As previously stated, I have a strong aversion to discussing political topics.  The main reason is that these engagements use a large amount of energy and produce no measurable result.  Instead I enjoy focusing on economics as I look for signposts that help me find direction.  The factors that are keeping unemployment high are more a result of simple economics than politics. 
www.shadowstats.com is the premier accurate reporting service for Actual government statistics if the massaged federally released numbers are not working for you anymore.  They say that U-6 unemployment is over 22%.
I was visiting a ranch yesterday here in Florida and noticed a strawberry field with two guys working in it.  There was a giant sign pictured below that was of interest to me.  Managing this field is less about getting the fruit picked and more about following all of the government rules.  I wonder how much of the $4.99 per package is related to this red tape?  Also, are we really benefiting from it?  I would take the $3.99 package that the farmer can profitably produce without worrying if a federal labor inspector is going to issue a citation for one piece of paper not being on this board.

No comments: